Inventory Consciousness Ahead Of Your Move
If you have an upcoming move, thinning out your supply of certain items can help to simplify your move.
As our suggested 2020 resolutions recommended, if you are planning a move this year, it is a good idea to pay close attention to your inventory on toiletries, cleaning products, and other household items.
Doing so can prevent you from having to pack, move, and then unpack any unnecessary items between one house and the other. If possible, why not simply start with fresh inventory in your new home? With planning, it is easier than you might think.
To do so, you will want to avoid buying double of these items. If you must replenish your stock of a certain item, be strategic about the size and volume you choose for packing and transportation purposes.
Also, if the option is available to you, consider sending the new items directly to your new home or perhaps a storage space. If you are storing items, however, remain conscious of things like the various products’ temperature requirements.
While you may not be able to thin out and start fresh with every item in your home, here are a few items that you might consider:
- Toilet paper, paper towel, and tissue boxes
- Liquid cleaning products, such as glass cleaners and disinfectants
- Laundry and dishwasher detergents
- Certain large quantity or limited use food items, such as flour, sugar, spices, canola oil, olive oil, grains (like rice), milk, and more
- Holiday décor and other seasonal items
- Cosmetics and cleansers, like soap, shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, lotions, etc.
- Paper items, such as magazine subscriptions and mailed advertisements
Taking the time to make note of your household item inventory and determine what items you can hold off on re-stocking before your move will help to simplify the moving process.